About Us ~ Quality
Pinefield Glass Limited’s prime objective of the policy is to meet customers’ requirements for all our products and services at all times.
- The total involvement of all employees who each have a right to expect work and service of the highest standard from others and who, in turn, have an obligation to contribute work of the highest standard to their customers.
- The total commitment of mangement.
- The customer and supplier working closely together.
- The setting of objectives, standards and systems which contribute to ongoing companywide improvement.
This will be achieved by:
- Conforming to requirements.
- Effective communication.
- Prevention not detection of problems.
- Getting it right first time.
- Measuring quality performance (including costs).
Continuous companywide improvement is a permanent feature of the Company’s life. It will be monitored and maintained to ensure our customers continue to receive the highest quality products and services available from Pinefield Glass.
CE Marking of Doors and Windows and Insulating Glass Products
From July 2013 it is mandatory in the UK for building products to comply with CE Marking requirements when the current Construction Products Directive is replaced by the Construction Products Regulation.
Who is responsible for CE marking?
Under CPR, the manufacturer of a product must apply the CE marking. The ‘manufacturer’ is classed as the company or individual that creates the finished ‘construction element’. In the case of windows and doors, this means the person who supplies the frame and glass. From July 2013, therefore, all fabricators will need to apply CE markings to their products. Failure to do so will be a criminal offence.
Why is CE marking becoming mandatory?
The aim of CPR is to harmonise compliance with European standard EN14351-1 across the EU. A CE marking indicates to a customer that a product conforms to specific European technical standards, known as harmonised European Norms (hEN).
We have Conformed with the Following
Windows and Doors
EN 14351-1-2006 + A2 : 2016 – for CASEMENT, TILT & TURN, REVERSIBLE WINDOWS AND SINGLE, DOUBLE, BI-FOLD, IN-LINE AND COMPOSITE DOORS INTENDED TO BE USED IN DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL LOCATIONS. (PDF certificate)
Insulating Glass Units
EN 1279-5 ANNEX ZA – by (a) SUBMITTING PLAIN INSULATING GLASS UNITS FOR TESTING TO BS EN 1279 PART 2 AND SUCCESSFULLY MEETING ALL REQUIREMENTS. (PDF certificate)
Please refer to Test Report No. 262/4795063
System Description Ref: CEN 393
Please refer to Test Report No. 89203458-10
System Description Ref: PGLtd – 13
ITT conducted by: TÜV Rheinland Nederland B.V.
Follow us on facebook
I'M A HOME OWNER
LOOKING FOR WINDOWS & DOORS
1 Pinefield Parade
Pinefield Industrial Estate
Elgin IV30 6AG
TELEPHONE: + 44 1343 545222